Also known as: William Wilkie Collins
Short Fiction Titles
- Gabriel’s Marriage, Part 1 in Household Words: A Weekly Journal (1853)
- Gabriel's Marriage, Part 2 in Household Words: A Weekly Journal (1853)
- The Haunted House, Part 5: The Ghost in the Cupboard Room in All the Year Round, A Weekly Journal (1859) [Draft]
- The Holly-Tree Inn, Part 2: The Ostler in Household Words: A Weekly Journal (1855)
- A House to Let, Part 1: Over the Way in Household Words: A Weekly Journal (1858) [Draft]
- A House to Let, Part 5: Trottle's Report in Household Words: A Weekly Journal (1858) [Draft]
- A House to Let, Part 6: Let at Last in Household Words: A Weekly Journal (1858) [Draft]
Beene, Lynn Dianne. "Wilkie Collins (8 January 1824-23 September 1889)." British Short-Fiction Writers, 1880-1880. Ed. John R. Greenfield. Dictionary of Literary Biography, Vol. 159. Detroit: Gale, 1994. 56-68.
Harrington, Ellen. "Failed Detectives and Dangerous Females: Wilkie Collins, Arthur Conan Coyle, and the Detective Short Story." Journal of the Short Story in English. Vol. 45, Autumn 2005, 13-28.
Muller, C. H. "Victorian Sensationalism: The Short Stories of Wilkie Collins." Unisa English Studies: Journal of the Department of English. Vol. 11, No. 1, 1973, 12-24.
Peters, Catherine. "Collins, (William) Wilkie (1824-1889)." Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. Ed. Lawrence Goldman. Oxford University Press, 2004-16. Online edition.
Peters, Catherine. The King of Inventors: A Life of Wilkie Collins. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1992.
- Leslee Thorne-Murphy